We all know that our society has less-than-ideal eating habits. Pretty much everything that we eat is filled with sodium, sugar, fat, preservatives and artificial colorings. Even foods that are advertised to us as super-healthy can be bad for our bodies.
I know that it can be extremely hard to buy good organic food. But it doesn’t mean that we should give up living healthy – or, at least healthier. Of course nobody can do that 24/7 – and maybe they shouldn’t, because eating fat foods and sweets is pleasant, and should most definitely be allowed every now and then.
But the foods on this list should be avoided whenever it is possible for they are considered bad – really, really bad – for your health. Like, above the regular bad-for-your-health levels. Most of them are cheap, and, most importantly, most of them taste super good. But if you can help yourself, try replacing them with something less harmful.
1. 10 out of 10 food experts state: soda is bad for you. Diet soda is even worse. In fact, all you’re drinking is a can with lots of sugar and n0 nutritional value.
2. You know all the great anti-oxidant, stimulating effects that the chocolate has? White chocolate has none. And that is because it is not real chocolate since it has no cocoa in it.
3. Eat organic strawberries or don’t eat them at all. These fruits have more pesticides than any other fruit in the supermarket.
4. Popcorn is not a good choice of food – but microwave popcorn is ten times worse.
5. Specialists say that American cheese is anything but cheese. Actually, it is just a whole lot of milk fat, whey protein and lots of artificial coloring.
6. Avoid canned tomatoes. Actually – avoid canned food altogether. They are filled with synthetic chemicals that are associated with cancer and other diseases.
7. There are little things worse for you than eating canned food. But eating frozen food is definitely one of them.
8. Processed meat is also a terrible choice – and that includes ham, salami, mortadella, sausage and many others. Given the choice, prefer fresh meet.
9. Fish is always good for your health, right? Well. Not quite. Most of it has dangerous amounts o mercury on it.
10. At last, frozen burgers should definitely be avoided. They are made of various animal leftovers, they have higher levels of e-coli contamination than most foods, and it takes no more than a few minutes to make a much more tasteful burger using fresh meat.